Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Review

I was blessed to be able to enjoy a wonderful weekend.  My wife and I were able to spend some time with our grandchildren and children through some family activities (meal, football game, and local festival activities).  I am still amazed at the energy level of our grandchildren.  I truly believe that their energy level has increased and our energy level has decreased.  Oh well, the challenge of being grandparents.  Seriously, we are blessed with a wonderful family for which I am grateful.

We were blessed to be able to participate in a wonderful worship service on Sunday morning at New River Worship Center in Radcliff, KY.  New River is the church plant in which I am participating and we are seeing the blessings of God upon our desire to reach out to the community surrounding Fort Knox, KY.  The service began with a testimony from our Children's Church Minister regarding the progressive healing of her sister from a very serious illness.  Then the call to worship song reminded us to worship God for who is He and to trust Him to fulfill His promises.  The singer's testimony reminded us to "worship while we wait."  It goes without saying that the presence of anointing was powerful as I stepped to the pulpit to share the Word of God.  I reminded the people that Christ is still the "drink of living water" that we need and that we do not need to drink any substitute that the culture of our world will offer.  The "spirit" of the culture is offering many  imitations of a true relationship with God but many people will soon learn that this spiked drink of false religion will only leave them spiritually dry, thirsty, and looking for something that is real and lasting.  I am thankful that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I am committed to following Him with all of my heart.  Have you made that decision today?  Do not fall prey to the spirit of deception that is very prevalent in our society but drink in life from the presence of Truth and Life.

Last night found us conducting an informational meeting concerning the possible relocation of New River Worship Center.  The blessings of God have caused us to have outgrown our present facility and we are in need of more room to expand our outreach ministry.  I have shared this information because I am asking for your prayer covering.  We are in need of direction as well as provision.  Every decision that we have made up to this time has been a decision based on our faith in the power of God.  God has provided what we have needed because we are doing our best to stay focused on the call that we have heard and are hearing from God.  Would you join us in prayer for God to lead us in the right direction and for us to trust Him for the Provision that we need?


Have a great week as you walk in the strength of the presence of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment