Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thirst for the Presence of God

Over the past several weeks the Spirit has dealt with my heart concerning our thirst for the presence of God.  I am convinced that God has much to deposit in the lives of His children if only I (we) would position ourselves to receive them.  We must position ourselves at the proper place even when we are hungry or thirsty for the natural nutriments that our physical body needs.  We can not remain in the family room if the meal being served is in the dining room.  We must move toward the natural meal and I believe that we must move toward the spiritual drink or the spiritual food that we need as we face these trying and challenging days.  I still believe that Christ is the One that we need in our lives; He will sustain us as we face the decisions of daily living.  Let us be encouraged and strengthened by the Word of God today.

Psalm 63:1-5, "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you...I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you" (NIV).  Read the last verse of this passage and be encouraged today.  Christ is able to satisfy the "hunger" that you sense in your life.  We do not have to look to the "food and drink supplies" of the world to satisfy what we need, Christ can meet the need of our soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment