Thursday, September 16, 2010

Revival Services

The services this week have been wonderful and challenging.  I have been in many, many services in my lifetime but I am still amazed at the ministering presence of the Holy Spirit.  I am still amazed that a group of individuals, with different needs I might add, can gather in a room and the Spirit of God deal with them on an individual basis.  The Word of God can speak to individuals at their point of need and each individual can hear from God what they need to hear.  Certain items can be purchased that use these words in their advertisements, "one size fits all."  But with God it is different, the Spirit of God tailors the Word of God to fit the specific need or needs of the individual person who is sitting in any particular service.  That is one of the reasons that you see a teenager as well as a Senior respond to the Spirit; that is one of the reasons that you see seasoned believers as well as new converts respond to the Spirit; and that is the reason that you see the Minister as well as the congregation respond to the Spirit.  We should never forget that God identifies our individual needs as well as the corporate needs of the local body of believers.  As a preacher of the Gospel I am glad that I can report these encouraging words to you because I notice this happening in service after service that I attend.  We must praise God that He recognizes our individuality and that He will respond to the cry of our hearts (Jeremiah 29:12).

The above listed testimony is one of the reasons that I truly believe that God will respond to the honest hearted application of the spiritual process found in 2 Chronicles 7:14.  The Word teaches that God will fulfill the portion of His promises/covenants with His people.  We see that declared and revealed throughout the stories of interaction between God and His people that we find in the Holy Scriptures.  I am convinced that God will respond to His people if we will obey Him in honest and sincere obedience.  God will recognize any half-hearted obedience and He will recognize any attempt to walk in the state of hypocrisy.  I desire to be open and honest with God and allow Him to perform His work in my individual life.  I trust and pray that you are looking at 2 Chronicles 7 in the manner of personal application instead of just a corporate application to the Body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment