Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Faith, Part 2

Romans 10:17, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (NKJV)
 
During prayer this morning the Spirit reminded me of my need to listen for the Voice of God. Is it possible that we can become so busy talking to God that we fail to listen to what He has to say to us? This can obviously happen if we feel that we have a lot of information that we need to share with Him or if we feel that He does not truly understand the seriousness of the situation that we are facing (I speak from personal experience). Thankfully God understands our humanity and allows for this type of action and response on our part. He knows that our faith can be easily shaken during difficult moments but He also knows that it is during those same difficult moments that our faith is strengthened as we identify God at work in our lives. The Spirit of God will teach us to learn from those moments of trying circumstances.
 
The word "hearing" grabbed my attention this morning and this verse came into my spirit as I took some time to listen. I want you to take a moment and focus on listening. I am not wanting you to focus so much on my words but focus on what God desires to say to you as you are reading these words. I truly believe that God has a desire to communicate with His children. After all, it is God who has chosen to open the door of fellowship with fallen humanity through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Jesus is the Mediator between God and man. We are given the awesome privilege to fellowship with God, our Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ. That statement of fact can raise a shout of praise in our heart.
 
I want to share something that I think is worth hearing today. A few weeks ago during a time of meditation, prayer and reflection the Spirit spoke into the heart of my wife, Ann. She shared some of these thoughts during a healing service that we led a few weeks ago. This is one of the inspirations that the Spirit desired for Ann to hear as well as to share with others who would take the time to listen. Hear the Voice of God; "I am nearer than you think."  Take a moment and let that sink into your spirit. God is closer than we can imagine. God is closer than we can even identify. God is closer than the devil wants us to realize. Even when you feel alone; God is present at every moment of every day. God is present even when you feel that He has forgotten you or given up on you. Hear the promise of God; Hebrews 13:5b-6, "...For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (NKJV) (Emphasis added)
 
Will you make the effort to listen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment