Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Releasing our Faith, Part 2

I truly believe that the Spirit working through the Word of God is encouraging us to trust in the promises of God. Is it possible that the modern day church has grown lax in our desire to know and understand the promises of God? Is it possible that we are more acquainted with the powers of darkness than we are the power of the True Light? I still firmly believe that the Light of Christ will reveal, dispel, defeat and destroy the power of darkness.
 
Yes, I fully understand that we are living in "dark and difficult" days. I encounter that on a daily basis just as you do. I am not trying to live in a make believe zone that denies any reality of evil, injustice, sin and gross wickedness. But I AM seeking to live in a relationship with God that allows me to see, receive and walk in the promises that He has declared through His Word. Let me ask you a question; "Where do you propose that I should look if I do not take the time to look to God?" What other source can offer me the "true and living" hope? There are many sources of "pseudo hope" but these sources end up creating more problems and difficulties than people can adequately handle. I must continue looking to God in faith believing and realize that He still has ALL power and authority over the enemy of our soul. The culture of our world may try to downplay the relevance of Christ and His influence in our lives but we do not have to fall prey to these tactics. I do not accept the role of an "under-dog"; I claim the promise of being an "overcomer" through Jesus Christ.
 
Here is a promise of God found in Philippians 4:13, "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." (NLT) Will you take the time to claim that promise as your very own today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment