Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Presence of God

A few days ago I had written about a word of inspiration that the Spirit had shared with my wife in a recent time of meditation. I am constantly amazed at the presence of God and His ability to share with us what we need at the moments that we need it. I heard someone say, "God is never early and He is never late. God is always on time." Have you found that to be true about our Heavenly Father? I have witnessed the Spirit reach people at their darkest moments as well as their moments of greatest victory. God is interested in our spiritual development and not just our spiritual comfort. I enjoy the comfort that comes from God but I must also learn to accept, receive and practice spiritual development. God teaches those of us who will accept His teaching in our lives. There are times that my flesh will seek to rebel against those things that God is teaching me but my heart realizes that God knows what I need at that moment in my life.
 
The Spirit reminded Ann of this wonderful principle during her time of interaction with God. "I am present (emphasis added) in all your moments." The initial reading of that statement may not bring a strong sense of revelation but the full understanding of that principle can be very encouraging and strengthening. It is a wonderful blessing to remember that we are not alone in ANY situation or circumstance. This would include both the good and bad moments of our lives. God celebrates with us when the blessings arrive and He comforts us when those challenging moments arrive. Paul reminds us in Romans 8 that nothing can separate us from the love of God. It is with a great source of courage that we can move forward on a daily basis realizing that God has promised not to leave us nor forsake us. He will travel the road of life with us and for that promise we can rejoice today.
 
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment