Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wonderful Reminder

It is hard to believe that it has been a week since I last shared some of my thoughts with you. I used to believe that I managed my time very well but in recent months I have began to question that belief. Has someone removed some of the hours in a day? Is there still 24 hours in a day or have I managed to loose some of them along the way? But there is also another possibility looming in the back of my mind; I may actually be getting slower in accomplishing my tasks or goals. As a Pastor my list of priorities can change quickly which can cause a change in my schedule and routine. I will have to admit that I am person who enjoys my daily routine and I do become uncomfortable and somewhat out of joint when I need to make adjustments quickly (My wife will verify that comment without hesitation). I need  to stop writing along these lines or it will appear that I am doing a "self analysis" on my own personality. I will stop now and let you make your own decision regarding my personality. LOL

I do have a purpose in my sharing today. Over the past few days I have been reminded of the faithfulness of God. Oh, I understand that I should know that all of the time; that is one of the characteristics of God. But thankfully God sends those special moments in which He nudges us to take a moment and SEE what He is doing in the lives of people. Several recent conversations with different individuals have reminded me of the faithfulness of God when it comes to His promises. I have heard of "what could have been" situations. I have heard of "this is how I used to live my life" situations. I have heard of "this is what they thought I had" situations. I have heard of "I was diagnosed with but I am being healed through prayer and medicine" situations. It is about time for a "Is there a witness in the house?" All of us have faced those moments and some of us may be facing those moments but we can sing this line from an old song, "My God is real, He's real in my soul..." I declare to you today that God is real and that He is real in my soul and I also declare that He desires to be real in your soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment