Thursday, October 24, 2013

Love of God

In several previous posts I have shared some inspiration that the Spirit placed in my wife's heart a few weeks ago during a time of prayer and meditation. I would like to share another of the encouraging reminders that the Lord placed in her heart. I witnessed this particular promise come to pass in the service last night. Two (2) young adults committed their life to Christ when they full realized that God loved them. This is what the Spirit spoke to Ann: "You are connected to My love that nothing can sever." I will be honest with you; I don't believe those words just because Ann wrote them down (although I believe that Ann is a truthful person). I believe these words because they are collaborated and confirmed through the writing of the Words in the Bible. God spells His love out for humanity through His Son, Jesus Christ. Christ came to earth, died in our place, and offered His life as a sacrifice for my sins and the sins of my fellow human beings. There was a price paid for my redemption and I celebrate His forgiveness today.

Let us remind ourselves of the Words that God used to describe and define His love through the writing of the Apostle Paul in Romans 8:35-39, "Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”  37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. 38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NLT)

Would you take a moment and allow the Word of God to speak hope into your heart?

Each of us can count on the love of God regardless of our circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment