Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Reflections

I trust that you were able to enjoy the July 4th holiday without too much difficulty. Our nation was not only able to celebrate our "national birthday" but many of us chose to celebrate our freedom that we have in Jesus Christ. Our true freedom rests in our relationship with Jesus Christ. I was able to witness some fireworks with our family on Saturday night but I was also able to offer my own type of "fireworks" on Sunday morning. I went to church and lifted my voice of praise, thanksgiving, gratitude and thankfulness to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus Christ signed my redemption papers as well as my adoption papers on the cross at Calvary. Now that date and time in history is worth celebrating (That is not meant in any manner to be disrespectful to our national celebration of freedom). On Sunday the New River congregation took the opportunity to celebrate the founding of our nation as well as those men and women who have served to preserve that freedom.  

I was able to spend a portion of the holiday weekend visiting my parents in Alabama. It is always a blessing to reconnect with my heritage in an up close and personal manner. I was able to reconnect with the Prayer Warriors that exists in my immediate family. On several occasions we stopped our activities to pray for the needs of others. We were able to discuss the Bible and the state of affairs that our nation is facing. My parents are in their 80's but their confidence in God remains strong. They have witnessed the Grace and Mercy of God not only in their lives but also in the lives of others. They are determined to finish their race well. They are running for the prize of eternal life and not just for the temporary prize of earthly gain and earthly rewards. They are still looking for the city whose maker is God. The short visit with them helped to rekindle those same desires in me. I want to run a faithful race and hear the Voice of the Lord welcome me home at the end of this journey.

I was also reminded that many people have needs in their lives that only God can meet. In the past few weeks it seems that I have heard from many people that have perplexing situations in their lives. These requests would be both in our local body of believers as well as outside our local fellowship. But I go to prayer on a daily basis realizing and believing that God is greater than them all. I am choosing to put my trust in God and look to Him in faith believing. I realize that our world appears to be in turmoil and despair but God still holds the answers for each of us if we would just be willing to listen for His Voice. 

Will we (I) choose to listen to the Voice of God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment