Monday, July 27, 2015

Who are YOU WATCHING?

Hebrews 12:1, "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," (NKJV)

I have been contemplating my personal "race of life" in the past few weeks. Each of us are involved in that race and we need to refocus on the finish line and be committed to running the race course that God has laid out for us. I desire to finish well, cross the finish line and hear the Lord say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

God has provided encouragement for us during our journey. I reminded the New River congregation on Sunday that we are not alone. Christ has promised to be with us but the Word of God has also strategically placed fellow travelers to assist us in our journey. But I also believe that we have to watch carefully so that we will not miss those times of encouragement. 

The world is full of situations that can bring heartache, sadness, discouragement and even some disillusionment but the Spirit counteracts those moments with divine encounters that produce strength for the journey. God has shared with me this revelation of strength in several distinct encounters over the past few days. I am not a person who believes in "happen-chance" situations. I believe in encounters that have divinely arranged. 

Two (2) of these divine appointments have been with "senior" Ministers. One of these would be my Dad (89) who has been very ill for the past several days. The other is a Minister who turned 90 this past Friday. Both of these men have testified to me of the faithfulness of God and His ability to answer prayers that they prayed. Did I fail to mention that both of these men are presently in the hospital facing serious health issues? 

WARNING!!! YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE WATCHING AND RUNNING WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE ON YOUR RACE OF LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment