Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Simple but Thought Provoking

These thoughts are taken from an email that I sent out this morning to those who were unable to worship with us last Sunday. I truly believe that this passage of scripture is full of "spiritual vitamins" that can and will add strength to our faith and courage to our walk with Christ. Would you take a moment and read this verse and allow the Spirit to "highlight" the portion of the passage that you need? 

Psalm 138:2, "I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name." (NLT)

I don't mind having my car repaired when I know that the warranty is going to cover the expense of the repair. You can even purchase an extended warranty that will cover your vehicle once the factory warranty expires. But eventually both of these warranties will expire. It is at that moment that the expense of repair is shifted back to your responsibility.

BUT ISN'T IT A BLESSING TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE PROMISES OF GOD ARE BACKED BY THE AUTHORITY AND HONOR OF GOD'S NAME? The warranty on His promises never expire or end. His truth endures to all generations.

God has positioned the Church in this world to serve as a teacher/encourager to the believers who attend each local fellowship. But we must take time to listen, discern and make application of the Word to our lives. 

THE PROMISES OF GOD ARE STILL TRUE AND WE CAN DEPEND ON THEM AS WE JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment