Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday's Expectations

Psalm 62:5-8, My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah (NKJV)

You may have heard or read these words before today but I want to share them one more time; "It is Friday but Sunday is coming." The original quote was supposedly taken from a Pastor's message referencing the death of Jesus on Good Friday and His resurrection on Easter Sunday. I fully understand that this is not "Easter weekend" but I also understand that our "expectation" is not connected with a specific event or even a specific celebration. Our "expectation" is directly connected with our Risen Savior who operates in the arena of our daily lives. That truth reveals to me that I need to walk in a "spirit of expectation" moment by moment and not just on specific days of the week. I am expecting something good to happen today and I am expecting something good to happen on Sunday as we gather for corporate worship. FYI: These words are being written at 7:30 AM (Louisville time). I have already been contacted by an individual who is depending on God to meet their need. I AM EXPECTING AN ANSWER TO THE PRAYERS THAT WE ARE OFFERING ON THIS PERSON'S BEHALF!!!

Where would you measure your level of expectation today? I fully realize that we are all human beings and that we face attacks from our arch enemy. Our enemy seeks to tear down our faith but the book of Jude 1:20 refers to the "...building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit." (NKJV) Rest assured that God can rebuild and even repair anything that satan seeks to tear down and destroy. I do believe that the Spirit is calling us to walk in expectation even when the enemy is at work. We must realize that satan is a tenacious, determined and organized enemy who has developed a strategy for each individual believer. BUT GOD also has a plan that has provided the ability to overcome each and every strategy that our enemy can use against us.

Psalm 34:1, "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (NKJV) I can honestly say that my life and the lives of my family have been and continue to be impacted and influenced through the goodness of God. I spoke these words during my prayer time this morning. "I live in and with expectations because of what I have seen in my life; what I have seen in the lives of my family and what I have seen in the lives of countless others throughout my lifetime." I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good!!! 

I encourage you today to stop and think about the "good things" that God has provided in your life!!! Those memories and moments of reflection can and will encourage you to raise your level of expectation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment