Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Significance

I felt led to share with some individuals this morning concerning their personal SIGNIFICANCE to God. Since that time I have felt that the Spirit is leading me to share some of my thoughts via this post. These particular thoughts came to me this morning during a time of study as I was making preparations for Sunday's message. Many churches across America will be celebrating Back to Church Sunday on September 18th. There are many people who are waiting on an invitation to come back to church or they are waiting on an initial invitation from someone to attend church with them. I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO BE PRO-ACTIVE IN THIS OUTREACH EFFORT. The words from a song that many of us have heard sung in our churches still makes this declaration; "People need the Lord..."

But let me move back to my initial purpose in this post. But actually our need to be interested in other people stems from the fact that EVERYONE is significant in the eyes of God! EVERYONE is important to God! The Love of God is extended to EVERYONE! The message of the Gospel is for EVERYONE! We need to remind ourselves of these basic principles in the midst of a world that is full of chaos, confusion, division, separation, racism, elitism, criticism, etc. and rejection of God. 

I believe that the people of God have to reestablish the principle of the "importance of one." I also believe that Jesus established the principle that individuals are important to God. Yes, Jesus spoke to large crowds but He also spoke to individuals who were facing their set of challenges and difficulties. He put a face on those people who had been "de-humanized" by society. Jesus brought the downtrodden back to the forefront of life. He chose to draw close to the overwhelmed and those whose lives were in disarray. He took these actions and many more YET He stayed true to the principles of Truth. He accomplished that goal because He was motivated by His love for this world. What is motivating our actions today? I want my life to be motivated by God's love and the importance of EVERYONE in the eyes and heart of God.

Isaiah 59:1, "Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear." (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment