Thursday, September 15, 2016

Song for the Day

Yesterday morning someone sent me a note that contained this song. They shared a testimony which was a great encouragement to me. This individual was in the midst of a very difficult dream and she was awakened from the dream singing this song from her childhood. She felt the presence of the Spirit ministering to her heart and to her life. I feel that I need to share these words from the Hymn, There's Within My Heart A Melody. The words as well as the music were written by Luther B. Bridgers. I located this hymn at HymnSite.com. 

You may be walking through a difficult time in your life. Your hope may be waning. Your desire may be fainting. Your dreams may be evaporating. Your expectations may have been lowered. You may be re-calibrating your life. 

But remember there is a melody in your heart and it is still singing the praises of God. You are still able to remember those times in which God divinely intervened in your life. You are still able to remember those times in which God redirected your steps and called you into His presence. And it was in His presence that God provided the direction and guidance that you needed at that particular moment. 

In the name of Jesus, take back your hope. In the name of Jesus, take back your desire. In the name of the Jesus take back your dreams. In the name of Jesus take back your expectations. In the name of Jesus reconnect with the path of life that God has outlined for you. You are a child of God and you can walk in victory and not defeat. 

SING YOUR SONG OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING TODAY!!!

1.There's within my heart a melody Jesus whispers sweet and low: Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still,  in all of life's ebb and flow.   

2. All my life was wrecked by sin and strife, discord filled my heart with pain; Jesus swept across the broken strings, stirred the slumbering chords again. 

3. Though sometimes he leads through waters deep, trials fall across the way, though sometimes the path seems rough and steep, see his footprints all the way. 
     
    4. Feasting on the riches of his grace, resting neath his sheltering wing, always looking on his smiling face, that is why I shout and sing. 

      Refrain: Jesus Jesus, Jesus, sweetest name I know, fills my ever longing, keeps me singing as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment