Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tuesday's Thoughts

I trust that you enjoyed your Labor Day holiday weekend. We were able to enjoy some family time as we celebrated our oldest grandson's 16th birthday. Yes, you read the number correctly, I am actually older than I look. LOL Seriously, God has been good to us and I need to add these words; GOD IS STILL GOOD TO US!! I am thankful for the many and wonderful blessings that God has sent our way as we have made our way through our journey of life. But I am more fully understanding the words of James, "life is a vapor that quickly vanishes away..." I want my life to count for the cause of Christ.

I have brothers and sisters in Christ who are facing various circumstances in their lives. I am aware of these situations but I am also aware that we serve a God who is concerned about each and everyone of them. No one is ever out of the sight of our Heavenly Father. He is not only aware of the situation but He is also very much concerned about providing the strength that each of these individuals need. You also know people who are facing their own set of challenges but be of good cheer. We can point these individuals as well as ourselves to the Lord God Almighty who still reigns in might and power.

I need to add that my Labor Day weekend also included attending church. I was given another wonderful opportunity of offer praise and worship to God. Needless to say but I was blessed and encouraged as I reflected on the presence of God and realized that I was not alone but that God was with me each and every step of the way. I was also honored to share the Word of God one more time. I never take for granted that awesome and humbling experience. Needless to say, I gave my best effort to exhort, encourage and point people to Christ. I am not ashamed to tell that you that I AM A BELIEVER IN JESUS CHRIST AND THE PROMISES OF HIS WORD!!

I want to leave you with a passage of scripture that the Spirit laid on my heart this morning, I have shared it with some of the various individuals that I mentioned earlier in this post but I feel led to share it with you this morning. Read and the Word of God and be encouraged and strengthened today!!!

Hebrews 4:14-16, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment