Saturday, August 9, 2008

Prayer Meeting

I attend a Saturday morning Prayer Meeting at the Eastside Praise Church in Louisville. These are times of intercessory prayer concerning our personal relationship with Christ as well as the needs of the community. This morning the Lord reminded me that He desired "true fellowship" with His people and not just a form of religious exercises. We have replaced our relationship with God with religious actions and activities. We have replaced our passionate pursuit of God with mundane religious practices that are not releasing the transforming power of the Spirit. How long has it been since we have just sought after the presence of God and not after "something" that we needed? How long has it been since we have just enjoyed the presence of God without being in a hurry to move on to the next spiritual event on the agenda? As I prayed this morning I was reminded that God was looking for an opportunity to fellowship with me if I would make myself available to Him. As you prepare for worship service tomorrow; be ready to listen for the Voice of God and be prepared to respond to His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment