Thursday, September 18, 2008

Following God

The term "following God" is one that is used by many in the circles of Christianity. I know that I have spoken those very words on numerous occasions. I feel that I was sincere when I declared them whether I was speaking to God in prayer or whether I was speaking to others in conversation. During my devotional time this morning I came across a translation of Matthew 16:24 which included these words; "...you must turn from your selfish ways..." At first glance it is easy to declare that I am not selfish but the Spirit soon helped me realize that I do have to confront my own selfishness. There are times that I do want things to happen my way. There are times that I do not want to be inconvenienced. I enjoy life coming together according to my plan. I think you are realizing the point that I am seeking to make to all of us. True relationship with Christ will require me to turn away from myself and turn to Him. I am seeking to become available to Him regardless of what that availability may require. Salvation is free but it does cost us to become a true disciple/follower of Jesus Christ. Are we willing to turn from our selfish ways and reach our potential in Christ? I am on that journey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment