Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Your Life is Speaking

Ken & Carolyn Lyle who served as the Directors of the Golden Eagles Retreat this past weekend in Kentucky challenged us to think about our lives and becoming an example to those who are coming behind us. As I was preparing to write this morning this thought came into my mind, "My life is speaking even when I am silent." As a preacher I have used many words in my lifetime; I have spoken many sermons over the years of ministry involvement but I am at an unique time in my life. I have a strong desire to make a difference in our world and I desire to influence people to make the correct decision regarding their relationship with Christ. The Spirit is reminding me that this influence is more than just words that I speak but this influence is also the way that I conduct my daily life. I desire that God would work through me on a daily basis as I seek to point people to Christ. What type of example are you? What is your life saying even when you are silent? How would people describe you and your walk with Christ? Take a moment and ask God to help you evaluate the type of influence that you are making in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment