Friday, October 31, 2008

Availability to God

Many of us are more concerned about our abilities than we are our availability. We allow the enemy to hinder our walk with God because we only identify the lack of talent, gifts, abilities, etc. in our lives. We fail to remember that God needs our availability more than He needs our abilities. He can train, teach, and mold us if we are willing to submit to His process of development. I am at the crossroads of my life in which I desire to be available to the process and plan of God. Jesus reminds us that His sheep His hear voice and they follow Him when He calls. Are we truly willing to follow Him when He calls or has that scriptural principle merely become a "religious" theory that we know should be true in our lives? I certainly desire more than just religious knowledge of God; I desire to be available to Him so that He can complete what He has begun in me. I desire to enjoy the journey with God as well as the excitement that surrounds the destination. Take a moment today and recommit your availability to God and allow Him to use you to be a blessing to someone who needs to see the love of God revealed through your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment