Friday, October 24, 2008

Rest in God!

During my devotional time this morning I received an encouraging thought from the Lord. His Word reminded me that I could find the rest and peace that I needed even though the world is in a state of crisis at this moment. Everyone of us are facing certain circumstances that will try to rob us of our peace and rest in God. We all face those moments of anxiety, concern, fear, or disappointment. We look for the hand of God to direct our steps. At a very important point in the journey of Moses God shared with Him (and us, I might say) these encouraging words in Exodus 33:14, "And he (God) said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." The promise of the presence of God has such a calming effect as we face the challenges of daily living. Do not feel forsaken or lonely; Christ has promised to be with us. We can rejoice and declare that we can still find peace and rest in the strength of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment