Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hearing the Voice of God

As the Devotional leader began service last night he reminded us of the need to hear the Voice of God. Those of you who have been in service with me know that I sense that this is one of the "messages" that God is sending to His people. We are being challenged by the Spirit to not only hear what God is speaking but we are being challenged to make a decision to respond to what we are hearing. I am not fully convinced that we are giving serious consideration to this challenge; we must be careful and not develop a "take it or leave it" mentality. We must consider the consequences if we fail to follow the leading and direction of the Spirit. Once again during prayer this morning the Lord placed in my heart a personal desire to hear the Voice of God. I know that I must hear Him regarding my personal walk with God as well as the ministerial call that is on my life. I believe I am correct when I say that I need the personal interaction with God which will position me to have the correct ministerial interaction with God. Is it possible that many modern day Christians are more interested in the public interaction with God then they are the personal interaction with God? But in the name of Jesus I am going to refuse that type of relationship; I desire for God to work "in" me so that He can work "through" me. The scripture reading for the day is found in Exodus 19:5, "Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to me above all people; for all the earth is mine." (NKJV) Moses brings the Word of the Lord to the people; "Then all the people answered together and said, All that the Lord has spoken we will do." (v.8). Two points come in view; 1) The future promises of God are contingent on our willingness to obey what the Lord speaks to us. 2) The true spirit of obedience is not one of "selective" obedience in which we pick and choose those principles that we obey; but we fully surrender our lives to God in complete obedience to His Voice and direction. Oh how my heart desires to fully surrender my life in obedience to God. I have traveled too far down the road of life to miss what God is saying at this critical time in the history of mankind. Don't wait another day; openly confess your desire to hear the Voice of God. Openly confess your desire to follow the direction of God so that you can please Him in all your ways. He will respond to us in love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment