Friday, March 27, 2009

The Promise of a Harvest

Psalms 126:5-6; "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." (KJV) As I was reading this passage this morning the Lord placed in my heart the need to encourage you concerning the harvest. Many of you are like me; there are some of your prayers that have not been answered as of yet. You are still looking to God for miracles both in the spiritual, physical, emotional and financial realm of your life. The enemy whispers to you that you might as well give up and forget about your request being answered. But I have come to remind you that you can not afford to give up. You are the one that God has called to intercede for those needs that are in your spirit today. You are the one that God has called to stand in the gap against the powers of the enemy. Do not be discouraged today; allow the promises of this passage to strengthen your hope and faith as you continue to bring your needs to the Lord in prayer. Keep sowing your tears and spreading the precious seed of His Word and the harvest that you are looking for will become a reality. I am agreeing with you for the needs that are dear to your heart. I am still convinced that God will send a Spiritual Awakening to America; I refuse to give up on that promise from God and I will continue to sow the seed of the Gospel everywhere I travel. Even as I was writing these thoughts I received a phone call from a friend in Louisville, KY. He was sharing with me a praise report of a prayer that was answered this morning. They had received good news from their doctor concerning some test results. As you read these words join with me and say "Praise the Lord." God still answers prayers. You may have prayed yesterday, but pray again today. You may pray today, but pray again tomorrow. People are depending on your prayers. Continue to cry out for the Lord to intervene in the lives of people that you know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment