Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Review

Pastor Fred Fisher and East Clemson Christian Fellowship welcomed us into their fellowship on Sunday. I have been blessed to be with them on previous occasions and it is a great blessing to be able to renew old acquaintances as well as make new friendships. As I have written before, it is always a great opportunity to worship the Lord with fellow believers as well as share the Word of God that the Spirit has placed on my heart. The presence of the Lord was refreshing to say the least; the front pew was full of people on Sunday morning that were needing a physical miracle. I am believing that God touched them and that He will continue to meet their needs. The Spirit was very near in the evening service as we worshipped and responded to the call from God. Several of the young people came forward and began to seek the Lord for His direction. I felt a strong urgency to have a special prayer for the men of the local church; we are in great need for a revival among the men of local churches all across this nation. O God; raise up godly men who will have a heart and passion for a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. Yesterday and today the Lord is speaking to me concerning the foundation of our faith. Why can I trust in God? Why can I put my confidence in the promises of God? Why can I say to people that God really loves them and that He is truly interested in their well-being? To answer those questions and many more I must look back to the cross and the death of Christ on that cross. I must remember that the cross issues an invitation to me to believe and accept the declarations of God that is spoken to me. Not only did the cross speak to me; the power of the cross is still speaking hope, salvation, and deliverance today. The old story of the death and resurrection of Christ is still fresh, powerful and convincing. I can believe because Jesus paid the price for my redemption on that old rugged cross and in great confidence I can point people back to that time in history and say to them, "God has made a way for you to serve Him." Oh the joy of knowing that God through Christ has issued the invitation to this world (this invitation includes you that are reading this blog) to walk in relationship with Him. Do not spurn that invitation but RSVP (Respond So Very PROMPTLY). Time is short, the coming of the Lord is very near; this is the day to lay aside everything that hinders and follow God with all of our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment