Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Review

Pastor Doug & Judy Stephenson and the Rossville congregation offered me a warm welcome as we gathered to lift up the name of Jesus in the worship services on Sunday. The presence of the Lord was with us as we decided to seek the face of the Lord and allow Him to bring renewal and refreshing to our lives. I am glad that God has awakened a great desire in my heart to draw near to His presence and I am blessed that God is encouraging me to spread that Word everywhere I travel. We must pay attention to the call of the Spirit and we must stop ignoring the call from God. This is not the time to push God away for a more convenient time and season in your life. "Today is the day of salvation"; this is the day to do some introspection of our lives and see where we stand regarding our relationship with God. We certainly need to be concerned about others yet we also need to be concerned about our standing with God. If Jesus came today, would you be prepared to meet Him? If this was your last day on earth (prior to your death) would you be ready to meet God? Are we truly seeking God with passion and desire? All of these questions need to be answered so that we can allow the Spirit to lead us into a deeper relationship with Christ. Do not allow the enemy to lead you into a state of "spiritual relaxation"; this is the day to be alert and aware of all that God is prepared to release in our lives. At the end of Sunday evening's service my heart was heavy as I thought on this question from God. "What miracles and deliverances have we missed because we failed to respond in obedience to the direction of the Spirit? I felt that some people in the service had missed an opportunity for God to reveal His strength and mercy. NOTE: I have felt that same feeling in many services through the years; I do not state that in a tone of judgmentalism but in the spirit of love and concern. It concerns me that we hear the Spirit, we sense the Spirit, and we feel the Spirit yet we choose to remain in the same spiritual position. What are we waiting on? What do we need to see or hear that will convince us to respond? Why have we allowed the enemy to hinder our faith response to God? I am determined to keep attacking the kingdom of darkness. I am determined to keep sounding the alarm for the call to battle. I am determined to be a "voice crying out in the wilderness" in this present world. We must be prepared for the return of Christ and we must be determined to pursue God with passion and fervency. Do not allow the enemy to put you into a "spiritual coma"; come alive in Christ and allow Him to perform His work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment