Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Path of Life

As I was praying this morning the Spirit reminded me that I needed the right attitude toward God and His direction for my life. I must be careful and demonstrate the right approach to God when I come to Him in praise and prayer. This inspiration coincides with the thoughts of yesterday; I need to remember that all that I have comes from Him. He is the provider of all things in my life (health, strength, possessions, ministry unction, family, etc). I am sure that you can recognize that we would not even exist without the Hand of God being stretched out across our lives. This correct attitude toward God will allow me to understand that God truly desires to minister to me and bring transformation (change) to me. If this transformation is going to reach its intended goal I will have to take my mind of myself and began to set my affections on Christ and those things He has planned for me. God desires to hear my praise and receive my sincere adoration. I know that I say it often but God desires to hear our sincere praise and adoration; not some "learned and scripted" version that someone has taught us. We can speak many words to God but He is looking for a heart that is set ablaze with true appreciation for all that He has done in our lives and all that He is going to do. The Psalmist David declared this truth to us in Psalm 16:11, "You will show me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; At your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (NKJV) David understood that as He continued to focus on God and draw near to Him it would open the door for fresh revelation of joy and pleasures. Is it possible that joy is absent from the lives of many people because they are failing to draw near to the presence of God? It is God who will reveal to us the path of life but we must be near to Him so that we can enjoy those times of sweet and intimate fellowship. His presence can become our secret place where we will discover joy, peace, rest, and direction. His presence will reveal the blessings of abundant life in every place, in every season, and in every circumstance that life brings to us. That is the reason that the enemy of our soul does not want the people of God to enter His presence. But I am going to refuse those tactics of the enemy and I am going to continue to draw near to the Great and Living God. One final thought that I read yesterday; "We must remember that the grace of God that starts us out in this new life in Christ is the same grace that develops this life in Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment