Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where is my heart headed?

2 Thessalonians 3:5, "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." You that have read some of the previous posts of this blog recognize that I believe that we ALL need our hearts turned toward God. There are so many "spirits" seeking to influence us in this day and time and we must be very careful and make sure that our hearts (lives) are headed in the right direction. I pray with people in various churches night after night and many of them are seeking the same things; direction and confirmation from God. I accompanied the Pastor on a visit today in which a man was asking God for direction. He had reached the place in his life in which he needed to change directions and begin his journey with God afresh and anew. All of us need for God to direct our hearts into a deeper relationship with Him. During prayer I often repeat these words to the Lord; "I do not want to grow cold, lackadaisical, apathetic, or unconcerned." We must be aware of the tactics of the enemy; he seeks to move me away from my determined effort to follow Christ with all of my heart. He will bring distractions into my life and the purpose of them is to cloud my view of Christ. Let this be a day in which we re-commit ourselves to ask God for Him to direct our hearts in the way that we should go. Do not let the spirit of this culture determine the direction of your life but allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of God's plan for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment