Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Place of Refuge

Psalm 62:6-8, "He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all tines; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." (KJV). In the first few days of the revival in East Clemson God has spoken to me and through me concerning the need to re-connect to the message that God desires to reveal to this world. Many people are in need of finding a place of refuge in the time of storms and trouble. During prayer time and my Bible reading the Lord reminded me that God is my refuge and strength. But then God also placed these challenging questions in my thoughts. Why do we hesitate to flee (run) to Him in times of need? Why are we so slow to respond when we hear Him speak to our hearts and whisper to us that He is ready to respond to the cry of our souls? Have we become so calloused and hardened that His Voice no longer has an effect on our lives? I believe that God is ready to reverse those trends among us if we will repent and ask for His help. This is the time to arise and follow after God with strong and fervent passion. We must refuse to grow cold and indifferent; we must come alive in Him and restore our walk of faith. Take a moment and ask God to help sharpen your sensitivity to the Voice of the Spirit. Do not push Him away or ignore Him; He is our refuge and strength in this challenging hour. The service last night was wonderful. The worship service turned our thoughts to Christ (that should be the purpose of all that we do). The time of prayer was anointed as several came forward and brought their needs to the Lord. There was a time of refreshing and renewal in the ministry time in the altar. Many of us are learning that God is ready for us to make our way to Him when we are encountering those difficult days on the road of life. We praise God for His desire to draw near to us in our time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment