Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Self Sufficiency

I recognize that there is the tendency in my life to try and analyze the situations that I face at certain times in my life. I believe that there is a certain amount of analysis that can be beneficial in any final decision that needs to be made. But I also understand that the enemy can use this characteristic of mine to create an atmosphere of self-sufficiency or self-dependence. I can learn to trust in my ability or desire to analyze the situation to where I reach the place that I am depending on my abilities rather than depending on the Spirit to direct my heart concerning the matters of life. I am not anti-analysis but I do believe that God is speaking to me today to remind all of us that we need to make sure that we are depending on God to bring the guidance that we need. Each of us are facing decisions, situations, and circumstances that is greater than our ability to chart the correct course of action. But rest assured that if I will surrender my heart to Christ and truly seek to depend on Him He will will not fail to provide the direction that I need. The Spirit through Paul gave us clear instruction in 2 Corinthians 3:5, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God." As I am writing this morning I am reminded that even our ability to think and analyze comes from God. As the writer has said, "...in Him we move, and have our very being." When we stop and realize that everything about us has come from God, the Divine Creator and Sustainer of life; we do not have the ability to exist without His presence being manifested in our lives. Oh, how we need to give God praise and glory that He has given us the great opportunity to walk through life with Him as our guide and teacher. We are not asked to maneuver our way through the challenges of of life without Him at our side. Not only is He at our side but He also resides in our heart offering grace, peace, and rest as we face those challenging moments that life will bring to us. My heart is encouraged this morning when I realize that I do not have to depend on myself to meet the needs of life but I can depend upon the greatness of God to be with me. Let us come humbly before God and ask Him to forgive us for walking in the spirit of self-sufficiency and let us ask Him to help us recognize that ALL of our sufficiency comes from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment