Thursday, July 9, 2009

Expectation

Yesterday was a travel day. I drove from Louisville to Fort Smith, AR; the Lord was gracious and provided a safe trip for which I am always grateful and thankful. God is the One who provides the traveling mercies that we need. I am thankful that God is interested in my daily journey and He is always aware of my location. As I have stated before, God is the original GPS system operator and He is always aware of our location. I will have the privilege of sharing the speaking responsibilities with Bishop Randall Howard, General Overseer of the Church of God of Prophecy. Bishop Howard was installed in this position at the International Assembly of the Church of God of Prophecy in 2006. Prior to this position Bishop Howard had served the church as Global Outreach Director; this position allowed him the opportunity to oversee the work of Missions around the world. Bishop Howard has a great desire to lead the Church of God of Prophecy in the direction of re-connecting with our core values which include prayer, discipleship, and the planting of new churches in North America as well as around the world. I look forward to renewing my friendship with Bishop Howard and listening to him share the Word of God. The theme of this meeting is "Expect." As I was praying this morning the Lord reminded me the the enemy seeks to remove the attitude of expectation from us. Our enemy does not want us living in the spirit of anticipation/expectation. He wants us to settle for the status quo or spiritual business as usual. He wants us to live in the valley of low or no expectations but this is the time to be aware of the One who is seeking to direct our steps and reinvigorate our spirits with the Holy Spirit. As I have written before; will we allow God to place in our lives what we need or will we remain content to live the valley of dryness and discouragement? I am choosing to move out of the valley of low expectations and live on the mountain of hope and anticipation. I encourage you to join me on the journey of anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment