Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Travel Day

Today I have traveled to Hoover, AL (near Birmingham) for the Alabama State Convention. I am both blessed and excited about the opportunity of ministering to the people who will attend the state gathering of the Churches of God of Prophecy. God is so amazing and He provides many wonderful opportunities to share the Word of God and that Word has the power to impact our lives in a transforming manner. I know that the Word that God shares through me is certainly making an impact in my journey with God. The more that I learn about God the more that I recognize that I need Him and that I want Him working in my heart. Alabama holds a special place in our hearts; it is both mine as well as Ann's birth place. We were born in Huntsville and we began our ministerial journey with God in this state in the early 70's. That statement makes me feel and sound "old" but in reality we just started at a very young age. Alabama will always hold a place of significance to us because the people gave us the opportunity to begin this amazing walk with God and we will always be grateful to those who invested in our lives at a very critical time. We were privileged to serve the Athens and Hazel Green churches as Pastor before we transitioned to Kentucky in 1975. We look forward to renewing old friendships and the development of new friendships. We will also have the opportunity to visit with some family members and that is always a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment