Friday, July 24, 2009

Word of Affirmation

Last night we had the great honor to fellowship with Ministers and their companions from across the state of Kentucky. It is always a blessing to set among people who are willing to make the sacrifice of service to the great cause of Jesus Christ. Many of these individuals have been our friends for many years and we personally know of some of the sacrifices that they have made and continue to make for the Kingdom of God. I offer the words of appreciation and affirmation to these awesome servants of God. Each of them are making a significant difference in the lives of many people. During this meeting the Lord ministered to my heart and I felt I needed to share this with the readers of this blog. Pastor Terry Mahan addressed the leadership with some inspirational words. It was during this time of sharing that the Lord deposited some very important reminders in my heart. The Lord placed this passage in my heart this morning as I reflected on the presence of God during prayer time. Luke 12:6-7; "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows" (NKJV). As Pastor Mahan was sharing the encouraging Word from the Lord I was reminded that I needed to hear what I so often share with others; I tell people on many occasions that God is truly interested in their life and the circumstances that they are facing. I felt that God wanted me to remind you that there are times in which we need to reflect on those spiritual truths that we have deposited in the lives of others. Is it possible that the enemy seeks for us to forget those truths when we are facing our own personal adversity? It is at those moments that we need to remember the promise of Christ found in Luke; God watches the sparrows but people are more valuable than the sparrows. Many of you who read this post today need to be reminded of that Biblical truth. God has not forgotten you. God has not forsaken you. You are significant to God and the service that you offer to Him is important. God is near to you during your adversity and He is aware of the fears that you are facing. But rest assured that God is for you and that He is not against you. Trust in Him with all of your heart and lean on the promises of God and He will see you through the struggles that you are facing. Thank you God for reminding me to remember the promises that I share with others. Take time to remember the promises that God has declared to you and over you. Blessings on your walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment