Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let us Experience God

Philippians 2:13, "God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (NLT). I believe that far too many Christians limit God to "something" that they experienced in a previous encounter with Him. They only have Him active in their memories rather than being an active agent of daily change in their lives. But I feel the need to declare to you today that God is at work in you at this present moment. We are to EXPERIENCE GOD and not just talk about an "experience" with God. God is more than just some moment or a group of moments in our yesterdays. God is alive and powerful at this very moment and according to the words of Paul, "God is working in you." Isn't that an exciting revelation to understand? I can believe and receive the ongoing presence of the Lord God Almighty at work in my walk with Him. The revelation of truth gives me the courage and strength to continue this journey; I can realize that God is performing His work in my heart and that His work in me is what is providing the power and direction to do what is right. The revelation of truth releases me from the pressure of feeling that I am alone and that it is up to me to fulfill the plan of God in my life. My responsibility becomes one of obedience and surrender to "His working" in my life. He will provide the power and unction that I need if I willingly offer my life to Him in sacrificial surrender. Take some time day and offer yourself to God and let Him know that you accept His work in your life. He will finish what He started if we provide Him a surrendered heart and life. We may be surprised by what He would do in us if we would submit to His plan and purpose for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment