Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reminder & Testimonies

It is a privilege to see the presence and power of God work in the lives of people who allow their faith to lead them into the appropriate response to the call of the Spirit. I am able to witness that on a nightly basis as the Spirit confirms the preaching of the Word of God. I believe that God is at work in this world and I refuse to let the devil make me doubt what I sense in my heart and what I recognize with my own eyes. I witnessed the manifestations of the Spirit last night in the services at the Johnston Community Church in Selma, NC. The Spirit of God released people from the bondage and strongholds of the enemy; the Spirit of God encouraged those that have been walking through the valley of challenges and trials; and the Spirit of God reminded His people that He is aware of their struggles and that He has seen their tears of heartbreak and heartache. Oh, what a wonderful God we serve today! During prayer this morning the Lord reminded me of something that He placed in my heart over four years ago when we began this portion of our journey. Over four years ago God reminded me that He was not finished with the church in America. He encouraged me to pray and intercede for the church in America; He encouraged me not to give up on the church in America. Over the past few years I have seen signs from God that the prayers of people are being heard across the land. I know that we are living in the "perilous" (dangerous) times that the Bible describes but I also know that we are living in the times in which we are seeing the revelation of the presence of God in our midst. Last night I heard testimonies that encouraged me to keep interceding; one Pastor spoke about four youth accepting Christ in their Sunday School class, another Pastor spoke of people receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit and people receiving their healing, another Pastor spoke of the powerful altar services that they have recently encountered in their Sunday services. I have shared these testimonies so that I can issue these challenges one more time; "GOD IS AT WORK IN THIS LAND. WILL WE JOIN HIM OR WILL WE IGNORE HIM? WILL WE OBEY HIM OR WILL WE REJECT HIM? WILL WE FOLLOW HIM OR WILL WE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW OUR OWN PATH WHICH WILL LEAD TO DESTRUCTION? I AM CHOOSING TO LISTEN FOR THE VOICE OF GOD AND FOLLOW HIM IN OBEDIENCE. WILL YOU JOIN ME ON THE JOURNEY?"

No comments:

Post a Comment