Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Words of Encouragement

"Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well. And the woman was healed at that moment." Matthew 9:22, (NLT) As I was preparing to begin this part of my ministerial journey I knew that God was dealing with my heart concerning the need of encouragement among the people of God as well as non-believers. The call to action was almost four years ago and I see that the need is even greater today. The enemy of our soul is using all of his weapons to bring an attitude of discouragement and despair in the lives of people. I can certainly understand that we are facing challenging times as we listen to the news and view the circumstances of our lives and the events of the world in which we live. But the Word of God has some good news today; "Daughter (Son), be encouraged!" We can lift our hearts to the Lord and realize that He is near and that He understands all that we are facing in our particular lives. The Spirit of God can provide corporate encouragement for a local body of believers but He also provides specific encouragement for individual believers. There are moments in services which I participate that I sense the Spirit of God speaking directly to individuals concerning their current situations. God may use the sermon, God may use the worship, or God may use the individual word of encouragement spoken through someone. The vehicle that God uses is not as important as the person whom God is encouraging. Rest assured that God desires to encourage you today and that He will meet you at your point of need. I rejoice as I notice this truth being revealed on a daily basis as God continues to minister to His creation. BE ENCOURAGED TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment