Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reflections after Prayer

This has been a wonderful week in Coweta, OK. We have been privileged to walk in the presence of God's love and mercy and He has reminded us of His desire to minister to the needs that we have in our lives. This week has also afforded me to take some time for introspection. Many of us are more familiar with inspecting the lives of others more than we are taking a serious look at our own life. God is reminding me on a consistent basis that I need to listen to the Voice of the Lord concerning my daily walk with God. This week of reflection has reminded me of the need to lay aside any hindrance that will keep me from becoming the person that God has planned for me to become. As I way praying this morning the Lord encouraged me to ask Him to search those "hidden" areas of my soul so that I could be free to reach my spiritual potential. God is aware of desires, potential actions, faults, etc that I may not even recognize. I must be aware that the Spirit will do His work if I allow Him the accessibility to my life. Are we ready to allow God the accessibility that He desires so that He can complete what He has begun in us? God is teaching me this fresh principle this week; only God truly "knows" me"; He knows my potential and He knows my points of struggle and challenge. I must become more comfortable with the presence of God searching and examining my life for those areas of weakness so that I can become mature and complete in Him. I challenge all of us to allow God to examine our walk with Him as we reflect on the death and resurrection of Christ. This is a time of great introspection; this introspection will afford us the strength to follow God with our complete heart as we move into the remaining days of our journey on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. Encouraging words Pastor !
    G. Farr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. Willingham. I just read your blog today and this is the very thing that I have been working through. I have had to do a lot of purging in my past of any hurt feelings or "making rights". My prayer has been (the last year) to be an acceptable vessel to enter into the tent of the tabernacles, the Holy of Holies. I can only speak for myself, but as I read about Moses, he didn't have much to offer, but a lot to lay down at the feet of God. This got him to the point where he could "walk where God walked". I have dealt with things that I have not been aware of my feelings. When something is brought back to my memory, something I have forgotten from a long time ago, it's up to me to take care of it with humility or forget it and look over it. So far, it's been hard, but I have chosen to deal with it and I want to continue to do that very thing. I think God is getting us ready for that very thing. Purging us to get us ready for His return!

    ReplyDelete