Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Services

This week finds me in Selma, NC at the Johnston Community Church. Pastor Kenny and Melissa Lee extended to me a warm welcome into the fellowship of the local body. I also have been blessed and encouraged by the fellowship that the local church has extended to me. It is always a blessing to encounter people who are interested in the work of the Kingdom of God. The services yesterday were filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit; we could sense the unction of the Spirit from the very first song of praise that was offered to our Heavenly Father. I say it often, but I will make this declaration one more time; it is truly a honor and privilege to offer my praise and worship to God. God has blessed my life and He continues to rain those blessings upon my life. He is worthy to be praised and honored for His great presence. Other churches in this area will be joining us tonight through Wednesday night for joint revival services. I anticipate the spirit of revival to intensify as other believers gather with us to seek after the presence of God! People responded to the call of the Spirit in each of the services. I sincerely believe that needs were met as people came forward for prayer. We heard testimonies to confirm what I sensed in my heart; God is at work in the lives of His people. I realize that we are living in some very challenging times but I also realize that we serve "a great big wonderful God" who is still in charge of this world. Not one thing happens that catches God unaware or surprises Him. We can trust in the fact that God is "all knowing" and that He is aware of what is taking place in our individual lives. I tell God each morning during prayer that I just want to trust Him more. He has plans for my future and I want to be obedient to His plans; I want to willingly offer myself to His will and way. Take a moment today and offer your life to God as a living sacrifice. You and I might be surprised what God would do in us and through us if we would fully surrender our lives to Him. Let each of us take that step of faith and obedience today.

No comments:

Post a Comment