Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prayer

Many of you who read this blog on a daily basis know that I certainly believe in the power of prayer and I certainly believe in the need for prayer. As a matter of fact I just finished a phone call with someone who was sharing a testimony with me of someone who was recently healed. Prayer works and prayer is our opportunity to communicate with our Heavenly Father. The Bible teaches that God hears us when we pray and that His ears are open to the cry of our hearts. I am thankful that God has given to us the vehicle of prayer; prayer allows us to express to God our love, our praise, and the opportunity to make our requests known. During prayer time this morning the Lord spoke to my heart concerning my responsibility after I pray. We know that we are to "believe" as we pray and even after we pray. But God reminded me that we also have other responsibilities during this spiritual transaction we call prayer. First of all, I must be willing to listen to God when He speaks to me. Second, I must be willing to obey His directions and instructions. Third, I must be willing to commit my life to Him in the role of service and servanthood. Finally, I must be willing to recognize that God has the right and the power to say yes or no to my petitions of prayer. God knows what is best for me although I have the tendency to think that I am better equipped to make that decision. We need to take the time to listen to God when we pray; prayer will allow God to do His transformation work in my life as I surrender to His will and way.

No comments:

Post a Comment