Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Services

It can truly be said that we had a very busy Sunday. I was given the privilege to minister in the Shepherdsville church in the morning and evening services and I was given the privilege to minister in the afternoon service at New River Ministries in Radcliff (both of these churches are located in KY). You may become weary of reading these words but I must declare that the presence of the Lord was present in each of these meetings. I also recognized that God spoke to people in each of the services; I could sense the Spirit doing His work as the truth of God was released and as the open hearts of people began to receive the Word into their lives. I firmly believe that the Word of God and the Spirit of God will perform the work if we will be sensitive to His presence and be obedient in our response. I was both blessed and encouraged as we were given the awesome opportunity to worship the Lord God Almighty with passion and purpose. I want to encourage each of you to be passionate and purposeful as you offer your worship and adoration to the King of all Kings. He is worthy of our praise. I would like to share an inspiration with you that I received as I was reading the text scripture for the message last evening. I was convicted of the Spirit concerning the Word of God. How often have I read the Word or heard the Word of God read and not allowed it to have an effect on my life? Have I grown so "comfortable" with the Word of God that I fail to recognize the significant impact that it will make on my life if I truly "hear" what it is saying? Has the Word of God just become another "book" that I read rather than realizing that the Word of God TRULY comes from the heart of God? Paul told Timothy that the Word of God is "profitable" to those who listen. Am I allowing the Word of God to be profitable to my journey through life or have I just looked at the Word of God as another book of good information? I encourage you to allow the Word of God to be released in your heart in such a manner that it will accomplish God's purpose and will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment