Monday, June 7, 2010

Becoming a Difference Maker, Part 2

On Friday, I shared the scripture where Jesus taught that the people of God (church) are to become "salt and light" in the midst of our world.  I am still being challenged by the conviction of the Holy Spirit in my life as well as the lives of those to which I am given the opportunity to minister the Word of God.  Will we rise to the occasion or will be content to allow the culture of the world to set the pace for our lives?  We must remember that the enemy of our soul operates with a planned strategy for our demise.  We are able to identify the degeneration of our society.  We see this through the evidence of political corruption; the challenge of international peace that always seems to be at the brink of world war; we identify the continued challenge of the culture of addictions that has gripped our society and the problems that ensue from this evil plague; and we are able to recognize the breakdown of the family unit as we have known.  I have listed these challenges to let you know that the problems that we face are real but I also want to declare that the God that we serve is also ALIVE & VERY REAL!  I am called to position myself so that the Holy Spirit can work through me in these dangerous times.  I am truly convinced that God's plan reveals the continued service of the church in these difficult times.  Will I continue to place my life at the disposal of the Lord or will I choose to live a life simply dedicated to "me and my fleshly needs?"  We are at the intersection of decision concerning this question; will we become "salt & light" or will we be content to blend into the world and not make any difference for the cause of Christ?

Weekend Review:  I was given the privilege to minister at New River Ministries in Radcliff, KY on Sunday.  The presence of the Lord was awesome as people gathered to exalt and lift up the name of the Lord.  New River is a new church plant in which myself and my wife are participating.  The worship was encouraging and uplifting, the fellowship with fellow believers was enriching, and the Word that God placed in my heart challenged all of us to be "saints in circulation" so that we can be useful workers in the Kingdom of God.  The work is progressing very nicely but we need your prayers as we look to relocate to a larger building.  The Lord is certainly able to provide the facility that we need if we will remain focused on the call that God placed on our hearts when we began this outreach to the Radcliff/Fort Knox area of Kentucky.  Feel free to email me any name and addresses of friends or family who may live in the Radcliif area or who may be stationed at Fort Knox either now or in the future.  We would be honored to make contact with them and assist them in any possible way.  Please continue to cover this ministry in your prayers as we seek to please God in all that we do and say.

No comments:

Post a Comment