Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Connection with God

Each of us need to ask ourselves some tough questions from time to time.  Yesterday I asked myself this question, "Do I truly seek an encounter with God or am I content  to go to church and just go through the mechanics of the service?"  This first question has set in motion a thought process that I desire to share with you today.  Let us look at some other questions that have arisen in my heart since that original question was deposited in my spirit.   Do I truly seek a connection with the heart and purpose of the Heavenly Father or will I remain content to deal with the struggles of life through the efforts of my strength and ability?  Do I truly desire to "interact" with God or participate with Him in the process of my spiritual maturity or will I continue to try to live my life in the strength of the flesh? 

As I travel and minister I see people who are struggling with these same issues that I am raising today.  When will the people of the church truly turn toward the heart of God with a sincere desire to pursue God?  This pursuit will encourage us to release our faith and the release of our faith will provide the Spirit with the opportunity to minister strength to our lives.  We must recognize OUR need and not just the needs of others concerning the release of our faith.  Some of the "weariness" that we feel may be attributed to the fact that we are trying to carry the "load of life" in our own strength rather than depending on the strength of the Spirit.  We will constantly feel overwhelmed if we walk in the strength of the flesh but we can identify with the attitude of an overcomer if we will walk in the strength of the Spirit.   We must allow the Spirit to complete what He has started in us.  I recognize that I am in the process and development of spiritual maturity.  I desire to mature in Christ so that I can reach my full potential.  This process will only be completed as I continue to pursue God with correct motives and surrender to God as a sincere servant.  Will you take the time today for the Spirit to ask you some tough questions?  These tough questions may hold the key to your successful journey with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment