Friday, June 4, 2010

Becoming a Difference Maker

Matthew 5:13-14:, "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?  It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.  You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." (NJKV)

I truly believe that these words of Jesus challenge us with the opportunity to make a difference in the world.  I truly believe that Jesus expects the church (true believers in Jesus Christ) to make a difference in our part of the world.  Salt and light makes a difference.  Try eliminating these two valuable items from your daily life and see if you notice any difference.  The church is to make a difference just as salt and light makes a difference in our natural life.  I had to ask myself this question; "Is my life and service as a Christian truly making a difference in the lives of people that I interact with on a daily basis?"  I fully understand that the impact and influence of my life may vary in importance from day to day; nevertheless that fact should not hinder my desire to be a difference maker.  We must look for the opportunities to be "salt and light" in the midst of these difficult and challenging days.  Am I (we) truly prepared to fully accept my (our) responsibilities and stop making excuses for my (our) ineffectiveness as a believer?   I do not want to issue this challenge in a spirit of criticism; but I do sense the urgency of the moment.  The enemy is filling this world with so much false doctrine and even a false "gospel" message that someone needs to hear the warning bell of the Spirit and respond to our call to responsibility.  We need to respond to the warning call of the Spirit just as the fireman responds to the call that a house is engulfed in flames.  We would be alarmed if the firemen did not respond to the call for help; is not God looking for people who will truly represent Him in the midst of the darkness that is surrounding our world today?  I am convinced that someone is going to respond to the call from the Spirit and I desire to make myself available to God so that I can become salt and light and make a difference in my part of the world.  Will you be willing to answer that same call in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment