Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Going Through the Motions"

One of the contemporary Christians songs has a line that contains the title of this post.  I have listened to that song on several occasions and I have always been challenged through that song to examine my response to God in my daily living.  Am I "going through the motions" or is my response to God one that speaks of a sincere desire to have a developing relationship with Jesus Christ?  Once again this post is not meant to criticize or judge anyone of you who take the time to read this blog but it is meant to challenge our hearts to truly examine our pursuit of a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.  Have I learned a spiritual routine that has replaced a heartfelt desire to worship and serve God?  Have I allowed religious activities to replace my passionate longing and hunger for the presence of Jesus Christ?

As I was preaching last night I realized that the enemy truly desires for our faith to become weak and sickly which will lead to "dead faith."  The enemy does not want our faith to be alive and active. That is one of the reasons that the enemy seeks to put the "church" into a state of spiritual sleep or in come cases a deep spiritual coma.  Either one of these causes us to lose touch with reality and we fail to grasp the wonderful presence of the Spirit in our midst.  Once again I make this statement; "We can not afford to accept ruts, rituals, and routines as the true representation of the presence of Jesus Christ."  In the Book of Revelation, Jesus Christ declares "I am alive."  The presence of God is alive!  The anointing of the Holy Ghost brings life!  The unction of the Spirit provides transformation!  The power of the Word of God brings the illumination of truth to our lives!  How can we accept the status quo when Christ has so much more to offer?  As I drove home last night after service I could sense the Spirit speaking these words into my heart.  Many people are seeing the resurrection of their faith.  We are tired of striving and working in the ability of the flesh; we are realizing that only through the strength and power of the Spirit can we triumph over the power of satan.  I truly believe that faith is coming alive among the people of God.  The release of our faith opens the door for the Spirit to speak LIFE into our individual lives.  Resist the temptation to go through the motions; let faith arise in your heart and see what opportunities of victory that God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment