Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Review

First of all, I trust that each Father was able to enjoy a wonderful day of celebration with your family on Sunday.  I was surprised when our children and grandchildren arrived at the service in Radcliff, KY on Sunday.  Due to my schedule it is difficult for our family to be in church together and it was such a joy to have them in service with us.  I am blessed that my Father is still living and that he is still involved in ministry through serving others in his local community.  I also thank the Lord for those "spiritual fathers" who have invested in my life; God has placed great men of God in my path and each of them have participated in my spiritual development.

The services on Sunday were very anointed and encouraging.  Sunday morning found me in Radcliff, KY at New River Ministries.  We were able to take some time and honor four (4) High School Graduates; I also issued a challenge to them as they began the next step of their life.  One of the major reminders centered around the admonition not to forget God.  We must teach the succeeding generations the need to remember God in all areas of their lives.  As a matter of fact each of us must remember to keep God as the central focus of our journey through life.  I also challenged the men as well as each one that was present in the service that we needed to accept our responsibility and stop passing "spiritual responsibility" to someone else.  We need to take a look in the mirror and fulfill our individual responsibility and stop expecting more out of others than we are willing to give.  We must overcome the spirit of selfishness that has gripped the hearts of so many people; we must pick up the "towel of service" and serve our family, serve in our church, and serve in our community.  We must rediscover the joy and blessing of serving others.

Sunday night found me in Willisburg, KY at Anchor of Hope Church with Pastor Ricky Cheatham.  I have known many of the people who attend that church since 1978 when we first served a congregation in that area of KY.  The worship of the Lord and the fellowship with the people was encouraging and inspiring.  There was great freedom and liberty as I began to share the Word of God.  I reminded the group of believers that each of us face the need to make the right choices/decisions on a daily basis.  Will I choose to trust God when circumstances seem to be so overwhelming?  Will I choose to trust God when life is taking me down the road of challenge?  Will I trust God when I am facing issues with my health, with my finances, with my family life, and various other challenges?  These moments will allow us the opportunity to release our faith and see God work in our lives.  We do have the ability to release our faith and I truly believe that many people will choose to trust God when everything around them says do not trust God.  Are you one of those who is making the decision to trust God in spite of your circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment