Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Review

This past weekend found us involved in both family as well as spiritual opportunities.  Ann and I were able to share the weekend with our grandchildren as they spent the evening in our home.  I have been teaching the grandchildren a song that I sang as a child.  The song is "Working on the Building."; that song was one of the first ones that I learned to play on the guitar as a child.  The grandchildren enjoyed walking around the room and singing that song with enthusiasm and excitement.  That song led them to sing other songs that they had learned at church both in children's church as well as adult church.  Those moments reminded me of the spiritual capability of children and their ability to learn and remember spiritual truth when they are presented the opportunity.  We must make sure that they we are depositing truth in the lives of this younger generation; this truth must be taught but it also must be practiced if we are to win and keep this young generation involved in spiritual matters.  I pray that each of us will consider the seriousness of these opportunities and that we will allow the Lord to place a burden of intercession for this generation.

Sunday found us in Radcliff, KY at New River Ministries.  New River is a church plant in which we are participating as Lead Pastor.  I am working in this effort as well as continuing an outreach efforts to churches in our nation.  God is rewarding this effort as we are being able to see the lives of individuals being impacted through the presence of the Holy Spirit.  The leadership team that is involved in this church plant has a desire to model "authentic Christianity" in the community of Radcliff/Fort Knox.  In my opinion the church in America must return to the basics of Christianity.  These basics can be defined through Jesus' words concerning loving God with all of our heart and loving others as we love ourselves.  It is so easy to learn the words of Christ but am I truly demonstrating those words through my actions and reactions?  I truly believe that this challenge is being issued to the church today; we must respond to God and allow Him to encourage our steps into a deeper relationship with God.  I was able to witness the "conviction" of the Spirit upon several individuals who attended the service on Sunday.  I ask for your prayers as we continue to reach out to this community and see God perform His work in the lives of people that He truly cares about.  God is calling each of us to make a difference in our section of the world.  Am I responding in the correct manner as I hear this call?  Each of us must give an account to God regarding our response.  I desire to be obedient to the call from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment