Thursday, June 10, 2010

Becoming a Difference Maker, Part 4

Many of us have heard this "sermon" since we were born and many times more since we were "born again."  We know that the Word of God calls for us to make a difference in the world in which we live and conduct our lives.  But why is that always so challenging to fulfill?  Why are we so intimidated by the opinion of others?  I live in Kentucky yet I am a die hard Alabama Crimson Tide fan; I do not find that difficult, as a matter of fact I enjoy the opportunity to be "different."  I make all types of choices to be "different" on a daily basis yet when it comes to demonstrating my love and devotion to Christ I can find myself being intimidated by the thoughts, opinions, and actions of others.  These thoughts are not meant to condemn us rather they are meant to remind us that we do have the courage and the fortitude to be a difference maker when the opportunity arises.  Many of us are sensing the Spirit of God challenging each of us to take our stand in this day and time and declare that we do love Jesus Christ and that we are not embarrassed to surrender our lives to His Lordship.  Look for opportunities to be a "difference maker" today.  You maybe surprised at the reaction of people when you choose to live out your love for Christ.  There are people who will receive your testimony; not everyone will reject your decision to follow the principles of Christ in your life.  We must learn to be consistent in our daily life regardless of the response or opinions of other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment