Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Consistent Prayer

Each of you who take the time to read this blog understand the importance that I place on prayer.  I truly believe that prayer is one of the spiritual disciplines that is overlooked or ignored by many believers.  There are many reasons behind the lack of prayer and I will not address them at this time but I was led to a passage of scripture this morning that I believe will speak to one of those reasons.  I believe that the enemy wants us to feel weary and discouraged in our prayer life.  The enemy seeks to defeat our faith and in doing this he hinders the development of a consistent and persistent pursuit of Christ. 

David understood this strategy and the Spirit gives Him an encouraging word to share with us today.  Read the words found in Psalm 138:1-3, "I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You.  I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.  In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul" (NKJV).

I sincerely believe that God will provide "bold strength" as we consistently commit to seeking after the Kingdom of God.  You may need to step into that "bold strength" today.  Many of us have been praying for certain requests for an extended period of time and we have grown weak during these times of intercession but remember that God hears the prayer that emanates from your heart.  We also need to understand that some of our prayer concerns (family, friends, local church, Pastor, etc) will be "long term" prayers.  We will offer continual prayers (pray without ceasing) for certain needs, situations, or circumstances.  But even in these type of prayers God will provide the "bold strength" that we need to continue our times of intercession.  Do not be discouraged today rather be encouraged as you realize that God listens to your prayers!

The service last night at Christ Tabernacle saw several people step into the miraculous presence of the Spirit.  We were able to witness people who definitely entered into a dramatic encounter with God.  We saw physical needs as well as emotional needs met through the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.  We must continue to release our faith as we enter into the presence of fellowship with the Lord God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment