Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Will of God, Part 2

I desire to continue the challenge that I spoke about in yesterday's post.  Walking in the "will of God" has become a life long pursuit of this blogger.  I felt the urgency of walking in the will of God as a young man who was sensing a call from God on my life.  I can remember telling my Pastor, (who was also my father), that I just wanted to "do the will of God."  Many of you who read this blog can certainly understand the challenge of that longing or hunger in my heart.  Since that day of original surrender to the plan of God I have walked with that burning passion or desire in my heart.  I will admit that there have been days in which the pursuit of the will of God seemed more important in my heart that I can even state today.  I will admit that there have been days in which I was completely convinced that I was walking in the complete will of God for my life at that moment.  I will also admit that there have been days in which I was just doing the best I could to fulfill my responsibilities while I was reaching/seeking for the next step in God's plan for my life.  But no matter the circumstances of my situation there was still the desire deep in my spirit to walk in pursuit of God's plan for my life. 

This morning I sincerely feel that the Lord reminded me of another step in the spiritual equation of walking in the will of God.  I believe that I must reach the place in my pursuit of God that the "cause" of His Kingdom and purpose must become greater and more important than my cause.  I must be willing to surrender my personal desires and plans to the plans and desires that God has for my life.  Let me explain my feelings in these words; "I must be willing to lay aside my selfishness and become willing to commit to a lifestyle that calls me to lay aside my view of my life and recognize God's view of my life."  Could this transition reflect the warning that Paul gave us concerning people who would be "lovers of themselves?"  I confess that there are times in which I am guilty of loving my own self and my own desires/plans more that I love the plans of God.  The plans of God can require me to move beyond my comfort zone.  The plans of God can require me to deny my "selfish and carnal" plans for the plans that are according to the destiny that God has set in motion for my future.  The plans of God can require me to seek the the counsel of God more than the counsel of well meaning people who think they know what is best for my future.  This does not mean that I should not seek counsel from truly spiritual people but it does mean that I must recognize the counsel of God above the counsel of man.  The plans of God can require me to spend time in prayer, fasting, fellowship, and communion with the Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can truly comprehend.  Let us look for that "cause" that is greater than our cause and when we identify that "cause" let us pursue it with faith and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment