Thursday, July 8, 2010

Will of God, Part 3

As I was sitting in Bible Study last night the Lord once more began to deal with my heart concerning His will and direction for my life.  My wife was leading the study and her thoughts centered around our need to "love God with all of our heart."  At first glance this principle seems to be a no-brainer for the children of God but in actuality it is the true foundation of our relationship with God.  We know that the Word of God teaches us to love God in that manner but in reality it is easier to speak those words than it is to live out those words in our daily walk with Christ.  The lesson offered this reminder and this challenge; "Jesus knows the depth of my love for Him and He knows the strength of my commitment."  I maybe able to deceive you with my fancy words and my religious actions but Christ truly knows my heart.  In the second chapter of Revelation, Christ commends the church for their good deeds and for their good works but He also identifies that something is missing in their lives.  They had left or departed from their "first love" experience and relationship with Christ.

Now you may be thinking, what does my love relationship with God have to do with the will of God being accomplished in my life?  The connection with these two principles became clear to me as I listened to the Word that was being planted in my heart.  I must keep spiritual principles in the right perspective and in the right order.  First of all, I can not afford to lose my "love connection with God."  I must continue to develop my relationship of love with Christ and not allow my passion and desire for Him to grow cold and indifferent.

The love of Christ provided hope for the conversion of the Apostle Peter even after his failure and betrayal of Christ.  I will be unable to fully walk in the will of God until I recognize my need to accept, receive, and walk in the development of my love relationship with God.  The will of God is not some cold statement of actions or demands that I receive in the mail or email via the Internet.  No, the will of God for my life is based on the marvelous and compassionate love that God has for me and for all of His children.  It is when I consistently recognize the precious love of God for me and when I pursue the development of that love relationship with my Lord and Savior will I be able to fully comprehend the will of God for my life.  The will of God is an-going revelation of His direction for our lives.  Let us commit to loving Him and drawing closer to Him on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment