Monday, July 26, 2010

Week of Service

This week finds me in Greensboro, NC.  I am serving on the Planning and Management Team for the International Assembly of the Church of God of Prophecy.  My duties will consist of serving the delegates to this gathering in the area of Ushering and in house Security.  I will help lead and direct a group of volunteer servants from across America who will offer their service to those who attend this week of meetings. 

I am making this post because I want the readers to know that there are people who willingly sacrifice their time and effort to serve other people.  This is very opposite of the nature of selfishness and "what is best for me" attitude that grips the hearts of many people in our nation and this attitude even reveals itself in the hearts of believers.  We need to remember the sacrifice that Christ made for us on the cross and we need to remember that Christ calls us to a lifestyle of service to humanity.  It is a pleasure to serve others and we need to enjoy the opportunity of giving ourself in service to the cause of Jesus Christ.  These men and women will work long hours this week but they will be rewarded through the smiles and words of thanks that will be shared with them as they assist others; NOW THAT IS PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment