Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankfulness

The service last night in Sylvania, Ohio reminded me once more of the need to be truly thankful for all that God has done and is doing in my life.  We use the words "thankful, grateful, and appreciative" on a daily basis in our conversations.  But do I truly say those words to God from a heart that is sincerely responding to the blessings and provision that God is making in my life on a daily basis?  The Worship Leader last night shared a portion of her personal testimony and she alluded to the thankfulness and appreciation that she felt in her heart toward God concerning needs that He had met in her life as well as the life of her family.  She then challenged those of us in the service to fully reflect on the goodness of God that is extended to us on a daily basis.  I can not afford to wait for the "big things" from God before I express my appreciation and worship.  I must discipline myself to reflect on and recognize the daily provision and protection that God sends my way consistently.  Do not misunderstand me, I am thankful for the "big things" that God has provided and they have been great in number throughout my life.  But I am learning to recognize the daily "hand of God" that is stretched over my life and today I take a moment to celebrate His daily goodness.

I am truly thankful for the ministering presence of the Spirit that we felt on a nightly basis in the revival meeting in Sylvania.  I was both blessed and amazed as the Spirit of God and the Word of God spoke directly to people during the altar meetings.  Each service found people receiving the strength and purpose of God into their lives.  The countenance of people began to change during the course of the meeting as they were able to walk in the strength of the love of God and realize that God was providing for their victory over the strategies of the enemy.  Even now I can sense the encouragement of God as I am sharing these reflections.  God is a good God and He is truly worthy of our praise and adoration.  We were able to witness the life changing power of God as people surrendered their life to Christ and received the gift of salvation.  I truly believe that God desires for the spirit of thankfulness to be re-kindled in our lives as we once again recognize the goodness of God in the midst of our struggles.

I am truly thankful for another safe trip home from Sylvania; I left after service and made my way back to Louisville.  I have written these words before but I felt that I needed to testify of the protection and goodness of God.  Each of us need to take the time to lift our voices in praise to God for all that He is doing in our lives.  The world is cursing God but the church needs to be praising God.  I refuse to take the blessings of God for granted anymore.  I refuse to stay silent any more.  I am going to praise the Lord God Almighty for who He is and what He is doing in my life.  I challenge you to take the time to express to God your sincere appreciation today. 

Tell somebody about the goodness of God and watch their lives be influenced by the words of your testimony!

No comments:

Post a Comment